Army Installation Management Command Cook NA-04 in Fort Knox, Kentucky
About the Agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Samuel Adams Brewhouse.
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh or canned vegetables.
- Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, or breading.
- Weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items.
- Mixes ingredients according to precisely written recipes.
- Covers, dates, and stores leftovers according to established procedures.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned. For a complete review of this position description, to include all duties and qualifications, please click here
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 5% for possible training
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Physical is required
Work experience in preparing foods and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria,restaurant, or mess. Demonstration of the following work behavior is desirable: a. Neatness and good grooming. b. Dependability. c. Ability to work under pressure.
Conditions of Employment: 1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form). 2. Must work nights, holidays and weekends. 3. A physical is required. 4. Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually. 5. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j(1) to include a medical examination. Incumbent may be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472347600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $11.39 to $13.31 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: NA-7404-4/4
Promotion Potential: 4
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area.
Control Number: 472347600
Job Announcement Number: SWNAFDM1710020084