HQDA Field Operating Agencies and Staff Support Agencies Human Resource Specialist (Military) in Fort Knox, Kentucky
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is located at the US Army Human Resources Command, Enlisted Personnel Management Directorate, Operations Management Division, Functional Support & Integration Branch, Fort Knox, KY 40122.
Other Advantages: Located just 40 miles from Louisville and 17 miles from Elizabethtown, Kentucky, Fort Knox encompasses some 190,000 acres in three, beautiful Kentucky counties. Fort Knox has a population of over 40,000 soldiers, family members, and civilian employees. There are many sightseeing/recreational opportunities in the Fort Knox area and the cost of living in this area is very reasonable. Sightseeing and recreational opportunities include Churchill Downs (site of the Kentucky Derby), the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Muhammad Ali Center, the Kentucky Center of Performing Arts, the Louisville Bats baseball team (a triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds), world famous bourbon distilleries, first-rate hunting and fishing sites, and sweeping, scenic hiking trails and driving tours. Nearby Louisville International Airport offers nonstop service to more than 20 destinations and convenient connections to cities worldwide. For the driver, Fort Knox is just a short drive from Louisville, Lexington, and Bowling Green, KY; Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis, IN; and Nashville, TN.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Assists with the management of the Enlisted Distribution and System (EDAS).
- Review requests from users to determine necessity, feasibility, and validity of proposals.
- Develops and maintains user manuals and handout materials for all EDAS users.
- Coordinate with higher commands on polices, procedures, and operational requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Federal Employees, Veterans, Military Spouses
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Must be able obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Enrollment in Career Program (CP) 50
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job, which includes administering military personnel assignment actions; experience developing, upgrading, and coordinating publication of directives and objectives pertaining to military personnel assignment actions; experience compiling statistics and analyzing data and recommending changes to applicable military personnel programs.This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Compliance Inspection
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Organizational Performance Analysis
- Problem Solving
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-07).
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Education Requirements: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or completion of all requirements for an LL.B or J.D degree from an accredited college or university (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts).
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires incumbent to possess, obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 50 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474419100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-13 to 2017-07-27
Salary: $49,765 to $64,697 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 9
Series: 0201 Human Resources Management
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: SWDM171558176468
Control number: 474419100