HQDA Field Operating Agencies and Staff Support Agencies Human Resources Specialist (Military) in Fort Knox, Kentucky
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:This position manages several military personnel actions including schools, awards, promotions, and assignments. It is located in the Officer Personnel Management Directorate (OPMD) Human Resources Command (HRC), at Fort Knox, KY.
*Other Advantages: *
**Located just 40 miles from Louisville and 17 miles from Elizabethtown, Kentucky, Fort Knox encompassed some 190,000 acres in three, beautiful Kentucky counties. Fort Knox has a population of over 40,000 soldiers, family members, and civilian employees. There are many sightseeing/recreational opportunities in the Fort Knox area and the cost of living in this area is very reasonable. Sightseeing and recreational opportunities include Churchill Downs (site of the Kentucky Derby), the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Muhammad Ali Center, the Kentucky Center of Performing Arts, the Louisville Bats baseball team (a triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds), world famous bourbon distilleries, first-rate hunting and fishing sites, and sweeping, scenic hiking trails and driving tours.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible for Persons with Disabilities
- Provide specialized knowledge and expertise of military personnel practices and programs in support of the organization's personnel management and mission requirements.
- Initiate actions resulting from higher headquarters and/or filed inquiries regarding previous actions, past case decisions, or other non-routine circumstances.
- Ensure that all procedural and administrative tasks are performed for the timely and correct completion of actions, individually or by other staff members.
- Apply knowledge of due process, rules of evidence, precedent decisions, and statutory/regulatory provisions in identifying pertinent facts developing findings, conclusions, and recommendations for appeal by deciding officials.
- Review cases and identifies errors, anomalies, and develops recommendations for corrective action for signature by designated official.
- Not Required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Enrollment in Career Program (CP) 50
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized
- Recruitment, Retention, and Relocation incentives are not authorized
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Work that involves experience with military personnel actions programs such as awards, promotions, schools, assignment, retirement and separation, recruitment and retention; experience in training and briefing customers; experience composing correspondence; experience compiling and analyzing data; experience preparing reports; and experience using various automated systems and software.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of military personnel practices and programs
- Knowledge of Human Resources (HR) laws, policies, and regulations
- Skill in written communications
- Skill in oral communications
- Ability to use personal computer/software applications
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade GS-09 (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
GS-11 Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a degree (Ph.D.), or equivalent doctoral degree, or an LL.M., if related.
Only degrees from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/accred/indes.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be substituted for this position. Please include this information in your application packet.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two (2) years trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Enrollment in Career Program (CP) 50.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized.
- Recruitment, Retention, and Relocation incentives are not authorized.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472260800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $60,210.00 to $78,270.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0201-11/11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: See the "Who May Apply" Section
Control Number: 472260800
Job Announcement Number: DMSW171152951971235