HQDA Field Operating Agencies and Staff Support Agencies IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN) in Fort Knox, Kentucky
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at the US Army Human Resources Command, PERSINSD, Fort Knox, KY 40121.
INDIVIDUALS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED TO SWDM171121561970667 REAPPLY TO SWDM171121561975491R
Located just 40 miles from Louisville and 17 miles from Elizabethtown, Kentucky, Fort Knox encompass some 109,000 acres in three, beautiful Kentucky counties. Fort Knox has a population of over 40,000 Soldiers, Family members and civilian employees. There are many sightseeing/recreational opportunities in the Fort Knox area and the cost of living in this area is very reasonable. Sightseeing and recreational opportunities include Churchill Downs (site of the Kentucky Derby), the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Muhammad Ali Center, the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, the Louisville Bats baseball team (a triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds), world-famous bourbon distilleries, first-rate hunting and fishing sites, and sweeping, scenic hiking trails and driving tours. Nearby Louisville International Airport offers nonstop service to more than 20 destinations and convenient connections to cities worldwide. Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
Eligible for military spouse preference(registered in the Priority Placement Program for this location, job title, series, and grade)
Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Install/configure as well as maintain the (Linux)operating systems, applications, or segments of a system environment
- Install/configure as well as troubleshoot and maintain hardware/software
- Develop new methods/approaches as well as procedures in system management
- Not Required
- This position requires enrollment in CP34
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are NOT authorized
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: experience with IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices; to plan and carry out difficult tasks in maintaining existing systems, including isolating causes or system software and applications programs, upgrading and debugging; experience utilizing analytical methods and practices to conduct analyses of complex issues affecting the specialty area and develop, evaluate, and/or recommend adoption of new or enhanced methods, approaches, and procedures in resolution of multifaceted IT problems.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of IT method as well as practices
- Knowledge of analytical methods
- Skill to diagnose as well as recover failed systems
- Skill to evaluate the feasibility of implementing new technologies AND
1) Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2) Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receivethe services or products that your work unit produces, including the generalpublic, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizationsoutside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information orassistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows aboutavailable products and services; is committed to providing quality products andservices.
3) Oral Communication- Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groupseffectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information(for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincingoral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and respondsappropriately.
4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy andrelevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluatealternatives, and to make recommendations.
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-09 grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
You must possess a PH.D. OR equivalent graduate degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, OR completion of all requirements for an LL.B or J.D. degree from an accredited college or university.
Only degrees from accredited colleges or universities recognizedby the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive educationrequirements or to substitute education for experience. For additionalinformation, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U.S.Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/accred/indes.html .
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in orderto be substituted for this position. Please include this information inyour application packet.
Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- TWO year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires enrollment in Career Program 34.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472352700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $61,748.00 to $80,270.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-2210-11/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army; Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army); Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD); Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement; Eligible due to ICTAP; Veterans 30% or more disable; VEOA; Executive Order 13473; Eligible for military spouse preference (registered in the Priority Placement Program for this location, job title, series, and grade); Executive Order 12721
Control Number: 472352700
Job Announcement Number: SWDM171121561975491R