U.S. Army Medical Command Physician (Family Practice) in Fort Knox, Kentucky
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Duty location: You will be working in the Ireland Army Community Hospital, Fort Knox, KY.
Fort Knox, KY: Located just 40 miles from Louisville and 17 miles from Elizabethtown, Kentucky, Fort Knox encompasses 109,000 acres in three Kentucky counties and boasts a prosperous, diverse, and stable economy. Residents enjoy a low crime rate, great schools, and a very affordable cost of living. Sightseeing and recreational opportunities include Churchill Downs (site of the Kentucky Derby), the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Muhammad Ali Center, the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, the Louisville Bats baseball team (a triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds), world-famous bourbon distilleries, first-rate hunting and fishing sites, and sweeping, scenic hiking trails and driving tours. Nearby Louisville International Airport offers nonstop service to more than 20 destinations and convenient connections to cities worldwide.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician (Family Practice), you will:
- Provide primary ambulatory medical care on a continuing basis emphasizing comprehensive family-oriented health and medical care services to active duty, family members, and other authorized patients and their families.
- Determine fitness for duty, retirement, or employment using pertinent directives, determines appropriate administrative disposition of patients, and initiates pertinent action.
- Provide professional medical treatment required to stabilize patient condition and arranges for emergency transportation and hospitalization when required.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Not Required
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Basic Requirement for Physician (Family Practice):
Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country). Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Experience Required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least 4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Family Practice. This required Family Practice experience/training includes skills such as, but not limited to a wide range of very difficult responsibility dealing with medical duties specializing in all aspects of patient care such as examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological and psychiatric health problems.
Other Requirements: Click here for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Two year in a trial/probationary period may be required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check. This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program)requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Work is subject to rotating and/or irregular tour of duty to include weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may be designated as essential during inclement weather conditions or other appropriate emergency conditions.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472273900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $101,967.00 to $225,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GP-0602-14/14
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472273900
Job Announcement Number: NCMD174944611974946HM