Army Installation Management Command Recreation Aid (Office Automation) in Fort Knox, Kentucky
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is located with the Directorate of Public Works, U.S. Army Installation Management Command, Garrison, Directorate of Public Works, Environmental Division, Fort Knox, Kentucky and will serve as a Recreation Aid (Office Automation) with the Natural Resouces Branch.
About the Area: Fort Knox is Located just 40 miles from Louisville and 17 miles from Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Fort Knox encompass some 109,000 acres in three, beautiful Kentucky counties. Fort Knox has a population of over 40,000 Soldiers, Family members and civilian employees. There are many sightseeing/recreational opportunities in the Fort Knox area and the cost of living in this area is very reasonable. Sightseeing and recreational opportunities include Churchill Downs (site of the Kentucky Derby), the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Muhammad Ali Center, the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, the Louisville Bats baseball team (a triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds), world-famous bourbon distilleries, first-rate hunting and fishing sites, and sweeping, scenic hiking trails and driving tours. Nearby Louisville International Airport offers nonstop service to more than 20 destinations and convenient connections to cities worldwide.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
* ICTAP Eligibles*
- Understand and disseminate correct information to customers regarding participation in the hunting and fishing program at Fort Knox with a high degree of detail.
- Provide courteous and professional customer service.
- Collect and maintain accountability of funds received for permits and licenses according to established program accounting procedures.
- Maintain records of mandays, reports and correspondences, etc. using Microsoft office products such as Word and Excel programs.
- Maintain the accountability of hunters assigned to and clearing out of hunting areas daily.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens and ICTAP Eligibles
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- See Other Requirements
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least 6 months year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: creating documents, reports and correspondence using program such as Microsoft Word and Excel as well as experience in answering telephones, collect and maintain accountability of funds received for payments, and provide courteous customer service. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-02.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- KNOWLEDGE OF HUNTING AND FISHING PROGRAMS
- SKILL IN ACCOUNTING PROCEDURES
- ABILITY TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below: One year of education above high school in any field. (Copy of college transcripts required.)
If you have a combination of education and experience in which any percentage of general experience and education totals to 100%. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 6, then divide your semester hours of undergraduate education by 36, add the two percentages, the total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.) (Copy of college transcripts required.)
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Security background clearance.
- Type 40 words per minute.
- Work flexible work schedule to include working weekends, evening hours and some Holidays.
- This position is an obligated position.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474398600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-14 to 2017-07-21
Salary: $26,150 to $33,999 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 03
Series: 0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Appointment type: Temporary NTE 365 days
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: SWDM171760441986566D
Control number: 474398600