Anthem Clinical Quality Growth Support & Program Director-131061 in Louisville, Kentucky
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc. , it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
**Clinical Growth Support & Program Director - prefer person located at one of the following locations(but will consider other Anthem locations): Washington DC metro area, Alexandria, VA, Baltimore/Columbia, MD, Louisville, KY.
Support business development team and Medicaid Quality Management partners on program innovation and pursuit of growth. Responsible for coordinating the relationship of Quality Management business units with internal partners, including growth directors, to ensure growth through effective articulation to state customers of our clinical strategy and value proposition. Serve as an innovator who ensures collaboration on strategy between Quality Management, Business Development, and potential partners to drive continued excellence in the solutions we bring to state customers. Develops capabilities and tailors programs and solutions to meet market-specific needs. Works with corporate and local health plans to develop models and capabilities for new specialty products/populations where additional expertise/experience is required. Surveys competitive environment to advance new initiatives, programs, and capabilities to present compelling and fresh value proposition to states and stay ahead of rapidly advancing competitor models. Develops RFP and RFI response content that presents clinical programs and data in a way that highlights their value and positive impact for our member and state customers. Assists Medicaid Business Development team in the assessment and mitigation of potential gaps and/or opportunities related to clinical programs as compared to customer needs and/or competitor capabilities. Collaborates with a large matrixed team to contribute to a well-functioning proposal development processes and the creation of innovative capabilities.//
Duties specific to this role:
- Supports Quality Management Growth Director, Business Development and Proposal Management processes related to development of business unit responses to state procurements, requests for information and/or comment, policy position responses.
- Engages with the health plans and other stakeholders to facilitate capture of strategic and tactical information for current market reprocurements and product expansion procurement opportunities.
For specified initiatives, leads business unit RFP response development process, including functional strategy sessions, gathering information, review and editing of responses in development, collaborating with Proposal Management and Growth Directors to support the competitor and Anthem capability research, and populating the SharePoint libraries.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
Researches Anthem capabilities, new initiatives, competitor capabilities and responses to RFIs/RFPs and other prospective revenue expansion opportunities.
- Supports or assists in in identifying and supporting profit and growth initiatives that yield positive membership growth and positive operating gains as measured in the annual goals.
- Collaborates and coordinates work with growth directors and other departments within the Clinical Quality Management business unit, and across matrix partners within the company, including but not limited to Clinical Programs and Strategy, Health Care Management, BH/PH Integration. Clinical Quality Management, Provider Collaboration, Service Operations, IT, Regulatory and Member Experience.
- Supports Medicaid business development team with clinical expertise for product and proposal development.
- Guides writing team in the creation of compelling proposal material related to all aspects of Clinical business.
- Evaluation of potential partnerships and business processes for Medicaid business unit initiatives.
Will participate in additional projects and duties as assigned.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field; 10 years of leadership/management experience in health care management, quality improvement, and managing significant business results; 5 years of experience in a management position; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Must have demonstrated ability to self-manage and display leadership in a dynamic environment.
Must have strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), presentation skills, and interpersonal skills
Medicaid experience and Clinical Quality Management experience strongly preferred
Experience driving quality outcomes and familiarity with quality measures strongly preferred
Travel up to 25% is required . // /Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Business Development/Planning
Title: Clinical Quality Growth Support & Program Director-131061
Requisition ID: 131061