Brown-Forman Customer & Channel Sales Promotion Manager in Louisville, Kentucky
Position Title: Customer & Channel Sales Promotion Manager
Business Area: NAR SAMIE
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports To: Sales Promotion Group Manager
Provide management, development and compliance with Brown-Forman standards for Customer, Channel, and portfolio promotional programs. Responsible for bringing new and innovative ideas to win with retailers, shoppers & consumers to drive incremental sales. These initiatives will be aligned with brand strategy, cost effective, executable and measurable. In addition, builds relationships with multiple internal & external contacts including promotional vendors and agencies and Brown-Forman Brand Teams, sourcing, printing and asset management, finance, etc.
• Manages Associate Sales Promotion Managers, agencies & outside vendors in the proper development and execution of shopper/ consumer & account specific promotional alliances & platforms for Customer & Channel Development Team (CCD)/Sales and Marketing Integration & Execution Team(SAMIE) (Approx. 50-60 programs annually). Responsible for managing the executional excellence of alliance & promotional programs (creative development, legal compliance, budget management, program tracking, etc.)
• Leads the coordination of the execution and manages the processes related to the development and delivery of shopper/consumer & account specific promotional partnerships & platforms.
• Integrates with sales, marketing, and cross-functional teams (i.e. finance, etc.) to translate marketing objectives into functional brand building and shopper/ consumer engagement strategies and tactics (annual planning process and on-going) at channel, & account specific levels.
• Develop / enhance appropriate concepts and value-add programs by establishing or leveraging alliances.
• Oversight of requested programs and projects to determine program needs are clearly communicated by Customer Marketers and proper lead-time is provided, which will allow the Channel Sales Promotion team to ensure materials are developed and shipped to the field in a timely manner.
• Assist in monitoring & evaluating field alliance & promotion needs through market visits, field team interaction & competitive appraisals
• Collaborate with Customer Marketers and Brand Management to ensure strategic alignment on promotions and knowledge sharing of channel expertise.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related area and 6 to 8 years sales and/or marketing experience with specific knowledge & competence in integrated marketing and/or shopper marketing techniques or 10 years related education/experience combination (project management experience key).
• Knowledge of marketing/advertising techniques and the ability to monitor and maintain the processes related to the development of integrated marketing/ shopper marketing materials.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects within specified deadlines in a fast paced environment and maintain confidentiality of information.
• Team Player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the channel or chain. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and accounts.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Resourceful: Understands how to get things done by leveraging resources from a wide range of sources.
• Ability to travel and to maintain a flexible work schedule as weekend and extended workdays may be necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to work within budget parameters.
• Exceptional computer skills in Word, PowerPoint & Excel. #AP 1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Operations
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt