Brown-Forman Director Sales & Marketing Integration & Execution in Louisville, Kentucky
Position Title: Director, Sales and Marketing Integration & Execution
Business Area: SAMIE
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports To: SVP, NAR Marketing, SVP, NAR Sales Director
Direct Reports: Director Consumer & Brand Intelligence, Portfolio Integration Director, Portfolio Execution Director, Communications Manager, Group Manager Sales Promotion, Channel Portfolio Manager, Group Administrator
Scope - Leads a service oriented organization with the mission of enabling sales and marketing excellence. Builds and champions process across all brand groups, sales geographies and national retail teams, through planning activities, plan execution and business insights. Actively participates as a member of: NAR Sales Leadership, NAR Marketing Leadership and NAR Extended Leadership teams. Manages and leads a team of 7 direct reports and 64 indirect reports.
Basic Function - Enables speed, efficiency, and effectiveness in the planning, communication, and deployment of sales and marketing activities. Champions continuous improvement in execution and performance through support of customer management best practices, retail and shopper insights, and trade marketing.
• Partner with various groups throughout the organization, including CCD Director, Division Directors, Brand Directors and Whiskey Portfolio Leader to enable efficiency in the planning, communication and deployment of Sales and Marketing activities.
• Responsible for ensuring collaboration with marketing, sales, and finance to establish clear timelines and expectations with regard to customer and sales planning process.
• Collaborates with the Portfolio Integration Director on the portfolio playbook that details the organization’s strategic and tactical priorities, that when executed helps achieve the annual business plan.
• Owns the channel and customer segmentation defining of drivers and of success in each for the portfolio
• Ensures that the customer is integrated into category and brand planning to ensure successful strategies and initiatives.
• Partners with the Portfolio Execution Director to bring discipline to the execution of portfolio activation plans and provide the customer and geographic teams the framework to deliver excellence in execution.
• Supports the development and implementation of channel-specific commercial strategies and plans across the portfolio.
• Partners with the Consumer and Shopper Insights Director to provide consumer, shopper, and retail thought leadership with the ultimate objective of ensuring our success at winning with consumers and with shoppers at the point of purchase.
• Champions a culture of insights to action by providing a center of excellence across the NAR organization. This person will endorse the drive for understanding across brands, shoppers, consumers and competition, channels and markets.
• Provides leadership that will drive business process consistency across NAR sales & marketing teams helping to ensure best in class sales promotion development and implementation.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of sales & marketing experience.
● Experience successfully building and leading a high performing team
● Strong Organization/project management skills
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate very effectively in a collaborative, matrix environment
● Experience developing successful internal and external partnerships
● Strong results orientation, with a track record of superior financial performance.
● Exceptional collaboration and interdependence skills. Must have proven experience in collaborating effectively within and across geographic and organizational boundaries.
● Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and concisely across regional, functional, and cultural boundaries.
● Ability to set priorities and maintain them. This role requires someone who is able to manage many projects simultaneously.
● Project management skills – the candidate must demonstrate ability to successfully manage projects end-to-end.
● Independent thinking that demonstrates commitment for your ideas. Willingness to take risks.
● Strong presentation skills
● Spirits/ Bev Alc industry experience. #AP 1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Operations
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt