U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Equal Employment Manager in Louisville, Kentucky
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide. Working at the Corps as a civilian employee means making a direct contribution to war fighters and their families; supporting overseas contingency operations; developing technology and systems that save the lives of soldiers and civilians; providing disaster relief; and protecting and enhancing the environment and the national economy.
About the Position:Serves as principle advisor to the District Commander and Deputy Commander, and manages the Equal Employment Opportunity Program for the USACE Louisville District in a wide variety of occupations.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Provides leadership and advisement to Command, Sr. Leaders, managers/supervisorsregarding the agency's mandate for developing a model employment program.
- Manages the District's EEO Program;
- Provides technical direction over EEO Specialists, EEO Counselors, an EEO Program Assistant, and five Special Emphasis Program Managers;
- Establishes program goals and objectives for subordinates and sets priorities;
- Makes decisions on work problems referred by EEO Specialists, Counselors, or Special Emphasis Program Managers;
- Defines equal employment opportunity problem areas, barriers, and specific action oriented plans for correcting those areas;
- Develops and participates in presentation of formal training for district employees and management staffs; and
- Evaluates and prepares reports on the EEO program
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required 10% of the time
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government interest
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:Demonstrated knowledge of Federal EEO Laws, regulations, policies and relevant precedent decisions; experience in the use of fact-finding, problem solving, and negotiating resolutions of problems between management and employees; serving as principal advisor to senior leadership in carrying out the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy, the affirmative employment initiatives and anti-discrimination policies in accordance with Management Directive 715 which ensures equal opportunity and treatment of all employees with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and physical or mental handicap and experience in counseling, advising and administering EEO training to leadership and the workforce on discrimination issues. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-11
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Oral and written communication
- Creativity and Innovation
- Application of Federal Guidelines
- Integrity and Honesty
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade level of GS-11 (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473039500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-12 to 2017-07-21
Salary: $72,168 to $93,821 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 0260 Equal Employment Opportunity
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: SWGJ171584101971137
Control number: 473039500