CB&I Equipment Operator Journey 1/Crane 70 tons in Louisville, Kentucky
Title: Equipment Operator Journey 1/Crane 70 tons
Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Capable of certifying on all equipment but specializes in 60 ton and above for cranes. Operates various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. May operate all or some of the follow types of equipment: backhoe, bulldozer, crane, dragline, font-end loader, motor grader, cherry picker, dump truck, etc.
- Sets up and operates production equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Move hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment.
- Interprets hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed.
- May be required to manipulate equipment on unleveled working surfaces.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing materials and work pieces during installation.
- May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Observes load hook up and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates crane control to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal or signal instructions.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Inspects crane for defective parts, documents and notifies the supervisor of the defects or malfunctions.
- Loads, transports, and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment.
- May be required to interpret load charts.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Equipment
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: May 17, 2017, 4:52:47 PM
Requisition ID: 1705185