Anthem Intermittent Workforce Sales RVP, any location, 131030 in Louisville, Kentucky
/Your Talent. Our Vision/. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The structure and composition of America’s workforce is undergoing a seismic shift, as the size of the traditional full-time “active” population remains flat while the size of the intermittent or “gig economy” population continues to grow. As a result, employers with a growing populations of intermittent workers need competitive benefits rewards programs. To this end, Anthem is excited to introduce its Intermittent Workforce program, powered by a new product portfolio specifically designed for higher-turnover, lower-income intermittent workers (Anthem FlexHour medical, specialty and supplemental plans) and anchored by a benefits administration solution that provides missed premium / gap in coverage administration.
In support of this new program, Anthem is recruiting for the position of National Sales Director, IW Program, who can perform the following functions * Serve as a deep subject matter expert with Anthem sales and account management teams to properly convey, position and message the IW Program to brokers and plan sponsors (This position would function as an Sales Management Executive with the existing sales force - like Anthem’s Specialty Sales staff) * Proactively call on brokers and consultants with large clients who have large populations of intermittent workers * Shepherd a case though the various stages of converting a prospect into a customer * Lead prospecting activities for both existing customers and new business 1. Coordinate the proposal development and delivery process 2. Meet with the plan sponsor and broker to explain the program, drive key IW Program terms & conditions and answer questions 3. Engage in pre-sale negotiations, serving as the key interface between the plan sponsor and underwriting 4. Close the sale 5. Work with the implementation team to map out the implementation schedule 6. Attend implementation meetings 7. Orient the Account team 8. Work in-tandem with the designated Director of Worksite Marketing to develop worksite marketing strategies which optimize employee engagement * Help define strategy for selling supplemental plans into the active population (cross-sell discounts, broker commissions, etc.) * Manage an active and growing pipeline * Keep the leadership team informed on competitive threats * Represent Anthem at IW focused national benefits conferences * Prepare sales pipeline, sales forecasts and other reports
- Requires a BA/BS in a health care related field; 5 years of experience in health insurance, preferably in consumer-driven health programs; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- MBA preferred.
- Self-motivated, with entrepreneurial spirit to build a business from ground up.
- Ability/desire to be involved in the deepest weeds/details while also offering strategic direction and input.
- Experience in the Intermittent Workforce consumer segment highly preferred
- Intermittent workforce product portfolio experience (i.e., MVP medical, MEC medical, fixed indemnity, etc.) * */Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Title: Intermittent Workforce Sales RVP, any location, 131030
Requisition ID: 131030