Schneider Electric IT Business Analyst in Louisville, Kentucky
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Energy and Sustainability have become critical issues for organizations given emerging customer, investor, social and regulatory pressures. Schneider Electric Energy & Sustainability Services provides assistance, support, and leadership to some of the world's best known companies, local governments/cities and institutions on sustainability strategy, technology, and implementation. As a global specialist in energy and resource management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Commercial and Industrial sectors, such as Retail, Food & Beverage, Healthcare and in the Public and Academic sectors.
*Position Summary: *
We seek an enthusiastic, creative and detailed IT Business Analyst who values the opportunity to think critically and work with all levels of the organization to support and better utilize Schneider’s Energy and Sustainability Services (ESS) business applications. This highly visible Business Analyst will work with stakeholders across the business on software development projects to support data processing, reporting and analytics for our customers. This person will lead functional analysis, user interface design, requirements documentation and testing for various internal and customer-facing data heavy business applications that also require excellent end user experience. Responsibilities include development of new software solutions to support our business and satisfy a wide variety of customers, as well as support for these systems after rollout.
Please note: This is not a systems/data architecture, BI or financial reporting position. This role will focus on custom software development of both internal business process applications as well as externally customer-facing, SaaS-type applications with high usability requirements.
- Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions
- Critical Thinking: Able to discern the root causes of issues
- Flexibility: ability to adjust priorities and quickly change direction
- Creativity: someone who enjoys thinking outside the box to come up with excellent solutions
- Decisiveness: has the ability to sort through information and make appropriate and timely decisions
- Initiative: recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked to do it
- Diligence: energized by being diligent in meeting deadlines and completing tasks on time
- Thoroughness: pays close attention to detail and produces accurate work in a timely fashion
- Responsibility: understands expectations and follows through in accomplishing them
- An “energy giver” who demonstrates enthusiasm in all interactions and assignments
- Commitment to the highest level of customer service to internal and external clients
- Be a partner with Business and IT development teams to build and enhance business process and reporting software
- Work with product management and business stakeholder analysis teams to develop technology solutions to business needs
- Elicit, shape and document software development requirements
- Maintain strong functional knowledge of applications
- Support user requests for training and problem solving on existing systems
- Act as the liaison between business staff and technical staff communicating issues, defects, and enhancements to the development teams
- Maintain documentation of new project processes and deliverables including requirements, testing documentation and issues logs
- Rollout new system enhancements to system users meeting training needs
- Participate in process reviews helping internal teams develop and adhere to processes with respect to systems
Essential skills and qualifications:
- 1-3 years’ experience as business analyst working on customer-facing business applications that are both data heavy and customer-focused
- Strong analytical skills with core competency in problem solving
- Creativity to view a problem from many angles and drive towards an excellent solution
- Self-starter who can suggest technology improvements
- Attention to detail, thoroughly understanding the entirety of problems and solutions
- Initiative to uncover and solve problems proactively
- Effective working on teams, within and outside of function
- High commitment to company vision and values
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage priorities
- Proficiency in a MS Windows environment (i.e. Word & Excel)
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university
Preferred but nonessential skills and qualifications:
- Previous energy or sustainability industry knowledge
- Experience with project management methodologies
- A growing company with a positive industry reputation
- Recognized leader in a market where energy services are in demand
- Entrepreneurial company with a positive corporate culture
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- Benefits which include 401(K), Bonus Plan, health, life, dental, vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, and more
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit. Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 003LIF