U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Management Assistant (OA) in Louisville, Kentucky
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide. Working at the Corps as a civilian employee means making a direct contribution to war fighters and their families; supporting overseas contingency operations; developing technology and systems that save the lives of soldiers and civilians; providing disaster relief; and protecting and enhancing the environment and the national economy.
About the Position:Principal management assistant, performs a wide variety of essential management and administrative support functions in the Real Estate Division.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Retention, Relocation, Recruitment Incentives are NOT authorized.
Periodic Telework may be authorized.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you are a current permanent status employee with Department of Army, this will be a temporary promotion or reassignment NTE 1 year with option to extend up to 5 years, or may be converted to permanent upon additional funding and management/command level approvals. Based on your local command policy, you may receive administrative return rights back to your permanent obligated position.
If you are NOT a current permanent Department of Army status civilian employee, this will be a non-status term appointment NTE 1 year and 1 day, with option to extend or convert to permanent to the extent of your conversion authority upon additional management/command level approvals.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
PRINCIPAL MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Serves as training coordinator. Coordinates annual/intermittent training surveys and maintains training budget.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance to employees and supervisors regarding development matters and sources of needed training.
- Works close with Administrative Officer, training consultants, educational institutions, and professional societies to obtain information and register employees.
- Assists in monitoring the operating budget.
- Assists in pulling reports for training, awards, and miscellaneous reports.
- Coordinates clerical and administrative reporting requirements.
- Prepares reports utilizing a computer terminal and various software programs to electronically retrieve, create, review, format, transmit, finalize, print and save documents.
- Coordinates Total Army Performance Evaluation System (TAPES) performance appraisals for timeliness and completion.
- Serves as back-up timekeeper.
- Not Required
- Qualified typist is required. (40wpm).
- This position is obligated.
- As a TERM position, it may be extended up to maximum of four years.
- Position may be filled by temporary promotion not to exceed 1 year.
- Position may be filled by temporary reassignment not to exceed 1 year.
- Temporary promotion may be made or extended up to a maximum of five years.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: coordinating clerical and administrative reporting requirements for the office; preparing reports utilizing a computer terminal and various software programs to electronically retrieve, create, review, format, transmit, finalize, print and save documents; assuring outgoing material is in compliance with current directives; reading, reviewing, and/or preparing outgoing correspondence and reports, verifying the accuracy of punctuation, format, enclosures/attachments; utilizing an automated financial system to track financial obligations; procuring goods, supplies, and services for the office; making travel arrangements and providing travel services; and performing timekeeping and related duties. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-06.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMMUNICATION
- MANAGE AND ORGANIZE INFORMATION
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-06 grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472402500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $40,684.00 to $52,893.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0344-07/07
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Current Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, Merit Promotion, Status Candidates, ICTAP, 30% Disabled
Control Number: 472402500
Job Announcement Number: SWGJ170890281974657