Brown-Forman Public Relations Manager, US Brands in Louisville, Kentucky
Position Title: Public Relations Manager, US Brands
(Korbel Champagne/Brandy, Sonoma Cutrer, Chambord, Finlandia, Canadian Mist, Early Times)
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports To: NAR Group Brand Director
Provides creative and strategic Public Relations counsel and leadership in order to promote and enhance the brands’ public image, working closely with Brand Directors and Managers. Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and managing Public Relations efforts and programs aligned with each brand’s strategic objectives. Utilizes strong organizational skills, leadership, and written and verbal communications in developing PR plans and materials. Collaborates with multiple partners including internal Corporate Communications, other PR Managers, brand owners, external agencies and vendors in providing direction for PR efforts. Oversees and directs US public relations budgets for assigned brands.
● Works with brand teams in directing external communications, public relations, and specific PR projects and programs that support brand strategy, image and message.
○ Identifies and provides strategic direction for PR programs such as new product launches, tasting/sampling events, music or sports sponsorships, culinary events military-related activities, etc.
○ Develops media and PR programs, including press releases, media relations activities and strategic partnerships that are aligned with the brands’ strategic objectives. Manages trade and consumer media relations for specified brands.
● Manages external US agencies and efforts of internal Corporate Communications and PR team in relation to brands’ PR efforts.
○ Provides strategic PR counsel as needed for regional directors involving regionally-specific PR initiatives.
○ Works closely with the brand team, agencies and internal resources to ensure successful execution, proper budget allocation, metrics/measurement setting and reporting on a project-by-project basis.
○ Collaborates with brand owners, securing buy-in and conducting regular updates on PR initiatives.
● Handles on a daily basis telephone and personal contacts of a sensitive nature with external media contacts, agencies and brand team.
● Collaborates with brand teams and VP Director Corporate Communications in developing, managing and implementing crisis communications plans.
● Oversees US public relations budgets for specified brands.
● Works with internal public relations team and other brand PR Managers on special PR projects, events, or programs.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in communications or related field, plus four to six years of experience in media/public relations or related field; or equivalent education/experience combination.
● Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; ability to formulate responses to detailed questions representing Public Relations or brand-specific issues.
● Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain effective work relationships with brand management team, Corporate Communications, Public Relations team members, and external agencies and media contacts.
● Experience in media relations and project management.
● Demonstrated flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and manage multiple projects and project teams on an ongoing basis, in a deadline-oriented environment.
● High energy, enthusiastic, very self-motivated.
● Willing to work extended hours, including nights and weekends. Willing to travel.
● Master’s Degree.
● Community or civic involvement.
● Previous experience in media relations field. #AP 1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt