Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Registered Nurse (Ambulatory Care) in Louisville, Kentucky
Vacancy Identification number (VIN) 1974525
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. Not only is the VA the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
The Robley Rex Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) improves thehealth of our veterans by providing a continuum of care through an integrated health care delivery system. We are a tertiary care facility classified as a level 1c facility affiliated with the University of Louisville, as such integrates teaching, research, and advanced patient care, making it an attractive academic medical center. The facility offers a full spectrum of comprehensive health care services, using state-of-the-art technology and innovative programs, as well as education and research benefits to Veterans residing in 40 counties in central and western Kentucky and in southern Indiana.
VA offers attractive salary, excellent government benefits, and assumes liability for tort claims associated with employees' official VA duties;individual malpractice insurance is not required for this purpose.
How would youlike to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
* OUR MISSION:* To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
* YOU CAN MAKE ADIFFERENCE*
* VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply!*
* The health related positions in VA are covered byTitle 38, and are NOT covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority* .
Duties: As a Staff Nurse you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured veterans. Duties include documenting observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; providing a full range of nursing care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems; and accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards and functional statements of assigned grade. Our facility is seeking individuals who possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work, a demonstrated ability to assume leadership in a patient centered program, and the ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team.
WORKSCHEDULE: This position is full-time, and the hours of duty will vary between 6:00am - 6:00pm, Monday through Friday (8 hour shifts).
Primary Duty Station: Position will work the NewBurg Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC).
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and step of the applicant selected.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Lifting up to 35 pounds for 8-12 hours, intermittently, moderate carrying (15-35 pounds) for 8 to 12 hours, intermittently, lifting over 35 pounds with assistive devices in accordance with the Safe Patient Handling Policy except in emergent situations requiring prompt patient care, pulling for 8 to 12 hours, intermittently, pushing for 8-12 hours, intermittently, reaching above the shoulders for 8-12 hours, intermittently, both hands required, walking 8-12 hours, intermittently, standing 8-12 hours intermittently, kneeling 8 to 12 hours, intermittently, repeated bending for 8-12 hours, intermittently, climbing and use of both legs and arms for 8-12 hours, intermittently, both legs required, near vision at 13 to 16" Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other eye, ability to distinguish basic colors, hearing (aid permitted), twisting, simple grasp and fine manipulation.
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and/or Security Investigation required
- English Language Proficiency requirement
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- U.S.citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school ofprofessional nursing. The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript.(Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6).
- Current,full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Nurse ILevel I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, no experience.
Nurse ILevel II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of experience,or an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field and no experience; or a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) and no experience.
Nurse ILevel III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of experience, or an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelors degree in a relatedfield and approximately 1-2 years of experience; or a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of experience, or a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no experience.
NurseII - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of experience, or ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 yearsexperience or a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years experience, or a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no experience.
NurseIII - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years experience or Doctoral degree in nursing or related field anda pproximately 2-3 years experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S.Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accreditedby accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualificationr equirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Veterans Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD-214 and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.) or dates of impending separation.
Additionally,disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
What To Expect Next
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: http://www.va.gov/ohrm/joblistings/faxoptions.doc The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1974525.
NOTE:If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified and your experience will be reviewed to determine if you meet the basic qualifications of the position. You will be notified via email when this decision has been made. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service.
Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information."
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefis currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period. It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
* This job opportunity may be used to fill additional vacancies.*
* This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.*
* Placement Policy:* The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use anyone or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
* Vet-Pro (VA electronic credentialing system):* Upon selection, you will be provided with information on how to use Vet-Pro. Vet-Pro was implemented on July 1, 2005. As part of the VA's pre-appointment process, it is necessary for you to submit complete information concerning your professional education, training, experience, licensure, certificate, or registration using Vet-Pro. Vet-Pro credentialing must be successfully completed prior to entering on duty.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472179000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $46,700.00 to $95,095.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472179000
Job Announcement Number: VHA-603-17-RY1974525-WBU