U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Security Specialist (Physical/Personnel) in Louisville, Kentucky
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide. Working at the Corps as a civilian employee means making a direct contribution to war fighters and their families; supporting overseas contingency operations; developing technology and systems that save the lives of soldiers and civilians; providing disaster relief; and protecting and enhancing the environment and the national economy.
About the Position:Serves as the District's Security and Law Enforcement Manager, involved in planning, formulation, supervision, investigation, controlling, and inspection of all facets of security, both internal and external for the overall district security program accomplished in connection with civil and/or military missions.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Serves as the District Critical Infrastructure Protection and Resilience (CIPR) Manager.
- Provides program management for the operation and maintenance as well as improvement projects of the CIPRA systems installed throughout the district.
- Serves as team lead and provide work assignments to the District Security Assistant.
- Reviews completed personnel investigations.
- Initiates actions for updating personnel security investigations, as necessary.
- Develops, plans, directs, and coordinates District policies and procedures.
- Performs annual physical security surveys to assure the security program is being complied with.
- Conducts a continuing program for planning, coordinating, reviewing and evaluating to assure proper course of action is taken in the prevention/minimizing unlawful acts.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of the Central Monitoring System to include contractor montoring operations.
- Exercises physical security oversight for the district automated security assets.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel may be required 15% of the time
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs MAY be authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move may be in the best interest of the Government.
- Submission of annual financial disclosure may be required.
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Drug Testing requirement
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: working with the principles, concepts, policies, practices and methods of personnel security administration, to include working with automated systems to obtain investigations and clearance information, experience using automated filing system to track, maintain, and to update or control secure or private information. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-11
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Personnel Security
- Physical Security
- Critical Infrastructure Protection and Resilience (CIPR)
- Automation Security
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-11 grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Top Secret Security Clearance is required
- Submission of annual financial disclosure may be required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472453800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $72,168.00 to $93,821.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0080-12/12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Control Number: 472453800
Job Announcement Number: SWGJ171307261971282