Johnson Controls Shipping Supervisor in Louisville, Kentucky
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat.
We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to promotion, we are seeking an experienced Shipping Supervisor for Johnson Control’s Koch Filter location in Louisville, KY. This role is a career opportunity, and the work will be performed in new, state of the art air conditioned facility.
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for transportation activities including the following: freight cost control, coordination of all traffic activities, insuring the correct quantity and product are shipped. Also, ensures the workers are doing their jobs correctly, in a timely fashion, while maintaining work stations and warehouses in a neat and orderly manner. Major Responsibilities: * Maintain neat and organized warehouses to facilitate the shipping of the maximum number of cartons per day. * Ensure all corporate safety procedures and policies are followed. * Ensure orders are shipped on time and accurately as promised to respective customers. * Verify that all orders that have shipped are invoiced. * Select truckload carriers as needed for TL shipments based on combination of best service and price. * Perform other duties as assigned by the Shipping Manager. #external
Knowledge & Skills Required:
* Degree from an accredited university preferred
* Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in related field
* Experience in a shipping environment desired * Position requires flexibility in hours to work shift hours to coincide with business needs * Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software. * Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment and manage projects in a timely fashion. * Fork lift certification desired * Bilingual Spanish/English desirable
*Language Skills: *
* Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
* The ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of computer sales software; Outlook Internet software; Pricing software; Microsoft Programs, such as Excel Spreadsheets and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands: * The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
*Work Environment: * * The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job: *Supply Chain & Procurement
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Shipping Supervisor
Requisition ID: WD30037130191