Stanley Black and Decker System Administrator Embedded in Louisville, Kentucky
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P; 500 company, is an 11 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, mechanical access solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
This opportunity resides withinSTANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. AtSTANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies,STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Reports To: Director of Integrated Program Operations*– Vertical & Centralized Operations*
The System Administrator I will perform duties related to security system operations in a variety of deployments for the assigned customer(s). They will understand and promote their customer’s security system protocols and processes in the performance of their duties. *Customer service aptitude and attitude is essential in the performance of duties, as well, exhibiting highly developed skills in communication with all levels of system users. *
- Configure and maintain security systems, including:
- Application Software:
- Operating Systems.
- Implement scripts interfacing security system and other organizational database(s).
- Develop and deliver training for system operators.
- Manage projects involving security system configuration, implementation, and commissioning.
- Assist and advise field technical personnel on specific system response and operational theory.
- Assist field technical personnel with troubleshooting and commissioning duties for specific site locations.
- Perform System Operators in daily operations.
- Perform cardholder badging station operations.
- Establish, maintain and support advanced network functionality related to security systems.
- Support the IT functionality through close coordination with both internal and external IT/Network providers.
- 1+ years experience with computers at the operating system level.
- Lenel experience is a must
- 1+ years experience with security system hardware components.
- 1+ years experience in database administration
- Knowledge of spread sheet and word processing computer applications.
- Familiarity with current network technology, telecommunications, and relay logic.
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply technical manuals, plan drawings, and schematics.
- Basic access control system experience and certification required.
- Must have operator experience on each of the following systems: access control, video processing, and intrusion.
- Must have operator experience in access control application software.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to clearly and concisely present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to effectively train and supervise Security System Operators.
Requisition Number: 46614BR
Title: System Administrator Embedded
Business: US - SSS - CSS
State / Country / Province: Kentucky
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law