Humana Technical Architect in Louisville, Kentucky
Role: Technical Architect Assignment: IT Location: Louisville or Virtual
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Assignment Capsule Be a part of the Technology team -- be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking a Technical Architect that will be responsible for the conceptual and technical design and implementation of a single or set of assigned technologies, and for the design of the interfaces and connections through which that technology interacts with the rest of the enterprise. This person is also responsible for the effective integration of their technology into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate. The Technical Architect is not only called to understand and follow enterprise guidelines and standards in their work; they are also expected to share feedback and learning back out to the enterprise. Thus, the Technical Architect also serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for their technology to other architects, and as a feedback loop back into the enterprise architecture portfolio.
- Define the current technology design and implementation, and identify issues within it.
- Refine and/or redesign the design and implementation of the technology or application to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
- Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Refine and/or redesign the design or implementation of the technology to be more cost-effective, including the optimal selection of technologies, practices, and skills for implementation and usage success.
- Iteratively document and improve design and implementation approaches, services provided, and usage processes and approaches.
- Integrate each technology or application into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Create and maintain technology design and implementation deliverables, including architecture artifacts.
- Provides essential input into the selection and evaluation of new technologies or applications in support of Domain and Enterprise Architects.
Develop standards, best practices, and reference designs for the efficient use and reuse of the technology or application.
Experience integrating new technologies with existing technologies
Experience implementing technologies with enterprise-wide impact
Open Systems experience, preferably in a medium to large enterprise environment.
Performance and Capacity Planning experience.
Proactive, “can-do” attitude, with focus on recognizing other IT groups as “consumers” or “customers.” Examples of customer feedback or successes should be provided.
Proven self-starter (able to provide examples), self-motivated to keep on top of day-to-day activities as well as resolving issues as they arise.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of 8 years of related experience. Reporting Relationships
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Information Officer.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Title: Technical Architect
Requisition ID: 176055