PNC Underwriter I - Tax Credit in Louisville, Kentucky
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100709 Underwriter I- Tax Credit
Works under supervision or independently. Using independent judgement to identify risks and mitigants, prepares and effectively recommends loan offerings based on scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties and also may have limited approval and/or exception authority. Performs or assists in the preparation of offerings for specific transactions or in management of a portfolio and interacts with internal/external customers. Provides recommendations for credit structuring.
Using independent judgement to identify risks and mitigants, prepares and effectively recommends loan offerings based on scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties. If relevant, performs ongoing credit risk management for assigned portfolio.
Contacts internal/external customers and other parties as appropriate to gather information and clarify inconsistent, incorrect or missing information. May include relevant pre-approval and post-approval activities.
Performs or assists with the identification and/or confirmation of all external regulatory requirements. Ensures internal policies and procedures are followed.
Makes recommendations on credit decisions or makes credit decisions directly as appropriate.
Knowledge of IRS Code Section 42 and 47, equity structures and documentation, market research (including onsite inspections and market comp analysis), and 3rd party or external guidelines.
KY - Louisville
Underwriter I - Tax Credit
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
KY012 - Louisville Bank Main Office
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
KY - Louisville
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Real Estate Sales Closings and Agreements - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the processes, techniques and requirements for formal decision-making; ability to reach an agreement on and close transactions for real properties.
Real Estate Practice - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of specializations, tools, practices and regulations within the real estate industry; ability to operate a real estate enterprise to achieve business success.
Real Estate Development - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of real estate development; ability to manage different aspects of the real estate development function, including business development, methods of real estate, and operational processes.
Real Estate Property Data Analysis - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize diverse data analysis processes, techniques and tools in order to analyze, interpret and manage property related data.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As an Underwriter I within PNC's Tax Credit Capital organization, you will be based in Louisville, KY.