Diversicare Healthcare Services & Diversicare Ther Registered Nurse in New Albany, Indiana
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!!!
MAKE YOUR MARK, WHERE CARE MATTERS!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As direct caregivers, you will play an instrumental role in taking exceptional care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate caregivers to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
Renders professional nursing service to residents within an assigned unit/wing in support of medical care as directed by the medical staff; supervises CNAs to ensure a high quality of care is provided to all residents of that unit.
• Responsible for daily nursing operations of a specific unit/wing.
• Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the residents; checks each resident daily to determine status; ensures residents reach highest attainable level of functioning.
• Prepares equipment and assists physicians during their rounds.
• Administers prescribed medications, orally and by injection; provides treatments using therapeutic equipment; ensures proper handling and storage of medications and controlled substances.
• Observes, records, and reports changes in residents’ condition to supervisor and attending physician.
• Maintains resident’s medical record by way of documentation as required by policy.
• Provides education to residents and families regarding care.
• Assists in planning, supervising and instructing CNA; assigns daily work assignments to ensure positive outcomes for residents.
• Implements and maintains policies and procedures.
• Ensures that safe work practices are utilized.
• Assists in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program and ensures follow-up occurs.
• Reports accurately to oncoming shift Charge Nurse regarding change in resident status and follow-up needs.
• Coaches CNAs as needed - ensures personnel policies are followed.
• Responsible for capturing charges for all supplies issued to residents on that unit.
• Participates in care planning process and ensures the Nursing component is implemented.
• Ensures the rights of residents are respected; coordinates with other departments and ensures residents are taken to activities, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Has a current license by the State Board of Nursing as an RN.
• Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
• Ability to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change, as work schedule will change on a daily basis.
• Able to work intimately with residents, physicians, and staff.
• Experience in the long term care setting preferred.
• Capable of working to prescribed nursing standards.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; has an interest to perform a service
Job ID 2017-21218
Type Regular Full-Time
Location Name Providence Nursing & Rehab Center
Address 4915 Charlestown Rd.
Location US-IN-New Albany