Brinks Air Courier Messenger in Louisville, Kentucky
Air Courier Messenger
Requisition #:24341Location:Louisville KY - US Global Svcs - B0248
Functional Area:Logistics/TransportationEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for an armed FT Air Courier Messenger for our Houston facility.
The Full-Time Air Courier Messenger is responsible for escorting customer cargo/liability from plane side to customer location and to/from the Brinks facility to customer locations while providing armed security for the same. This position functions in an armed environment and requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink’s. Additionally this role functions to protect and ensure the safety of customer and armored vehicles in transit, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink’s and its customers, including armored vehicles. Finally this position requires the selected candidate to be able to provide outstanding customer service to all BGS customers when delivering liability and assisting them with their shipping needs.
• Receive daily delivery routes and work closely with branch leadership both on the BGS and CIT side of the business to ensure all paperwork and liability related documentation is accurate prior to leaving the branch.
• Maintain communication with ground support at origin and destination airports/locations and maintain a position on the aircraft in order to monitor the same when necessary.
• Provide secured delivery of all customer liability and ensure that each customer receives outstanding level of service during each transaction/interaction.
• Ensure that all liability is appropriately secured and maintained inside and outside the company vehicle.
• Assist the location Sort Operation as necessary in the movement of liability and other secured valuables from the facility to the vehicles and back.
• Ensure that all DOT regulations are maintained and followed as well as all traffic regulations and relative guidelines.
• Enforce and report all security or safety violations to the Supervisor of Operations or Operations Manager as well as any unusual and suspicious situations that have occurred during daily assignments.
• Provide security by adhering to the General Security Regulations and other directives handed down by the management
• Cross-train and perform other duties as assigned
Position Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
• Minimum 6 months of experience as a courier or guard working a secured logistics environment or where valuable liability is stored and managed.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• A current & valid driver’s license.
• Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
• A valid weapons permit or ability to pass applicable weapons licensing requirements.
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds on a consistent and regular basis throughout the assigned shift.
• Ability to work weekends and flexible range of hours as needed including holidays.
• Prior experience in freight forwarding / logistics in a secured armed environment
• Experience working closely with customers in the field and supporting a dynamic customer service platform
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Good basic math skills
• Previous operational experience, while working in a fast paced environment
• Professional, positive demeanor
• Collaborative work style
• Good ethics and integrity - professional, positive demeanor.
• Excellent customer service.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Analytical problem solving.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services U.S. Inc. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employees medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top