Dow Chemical Analytical Technologist in Louisville, Kentucky
The Dow Chemical Companyhas an immediate opening for anAnalytical Technologistlocated inLouisville, KY. This role exists to perform routine and non-routine analysis for a single or across multiple plant laboratories. The successful candidate will ensure the effective operation of analytical systems and the lab's adherence to ISO management systems. This role will assure the quality of analytical data provided to produce and release products, as well as, implement and verify the performance of new equipment.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform routine, non-routine and complex routine analyses
• Monitor analytical systems, evaluate validity of data, apply statistics, interpret results, and take appropriate action.
• Document, communicate, and archive analytical results, calibration and maintenance data
• Schedule and perform work according to the Sample Plan, maintenance and Quality Control schedules.
• Schedule and perform calibrations and maintenance of analytical systems.
• Manage raw material and product retain samples
• Help troubleshoot plant and customer problems.
• Implement and verify the performance of new equipment
• Perform in-depth troubleshooting of analytical systems.
• Perform first line troubleshooting of laboratory and data handling systems.
• Monitor and maintain calibration standards and consumable items
• Assist in adapting and implementing laboratory and data handling systems to the needs of the unit.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from test sessions or interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Must be able to work night shift. The shift is a 12 hr (5P-5A) night shift.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• 3-5 years of laboratory experience is preferred.
• High school diploma or GED AND a minimum of 20 hours of college courses in Chemistry.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science/4 years military experience is preferred.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at: www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.