GE Appliances, a Haier company Manufacturing Production Worker Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky
USA, Louisville, KY
Manufacturing Production Worker Appliance Park
Role Summary/Purpose – The manufacturing production worker performs assembly operation requiring frequent handling of heavy parts and/or responsibility & skill to transfer, operate, or adjust production equipment. The job will require the employee to switch between various production job assignments, and all job assignments are subject to rotation. Manufacturing production workers must be willing to perform work in a team environment – adhering to all attendance and safety rules, regulations & equipment requirements.
The responsibility of a Manufacturing Production Worker (Assembly 1S – GE Appliances Pool) can include but not be limited to the following:
• Progressive assembly line work involving the assembly or sub-assembly of various components, collaborating and interacting with other team members, as required.
• Frequently installing various components using a wide range of powered-hand tools, (air/electric guns) to assemble, check, adjust or repair appliances.
• Various general assembly activities required including: driving screws and/or assembling other fasteners; applying tape, insulation or other materials; assembling/fastening wire harnesses, terminating wires; check, adjust, or repair sub or final assemblies; testing and/or packaging of sub or final assemblies.
• Must demonstrate the ability to follow policies and practices and improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost including, but not limited to: use of all required personal protective equipment, ensuring machine guards and safety features are working, identifying and reporting unsafe working conditions; attention to detail - identifying and reporting quality issues found through in-line checking and reporting of critical appearance defects for resolution.
• Physical demands of the position include: Constant standing; frequently handling various parts for assembly; frequent walking, reaching at waist level, pushing/pulling, grasping/squeezing, pinching, fine motor dexterity, and neck flexion; occasionally sitting, reaching overhead, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at knee and floor level, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, ladder/stair climbing, pivoting, twisting, and neck extension/rotation. Handling and lifting of parts and/or equipment - minimum of 42 lbs. lifting/carrying and 33 lbf. pushing/pulling is required.
• Ability to work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet.
• Ability to work in a loud/noisy environment.
• The factories are not climate controlled – conditions can be hot or cold.
• Ability to change shifts and work overtime as required.
• Switching between various production assignments as required.
• All jobs are subject to rotation.
What you will Do
Legally authorized to work in the United States; we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment.
Good work ethic and a positive attitude; willingness to learn new ways and meet expectations of the various production assignments.
Must pass background check, drug screen, medical screen, and orientation.
Must be able to rotate among jobs in the GE Appliances Labor Pool.
Must be able to work any shift and work overtime as required.
With or without accommodation, must be willing to wear personal protective equipment; for example, safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
Ability to use a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vibrating tools and air guns.
Ability to work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet.
Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation, including, but not limited to: Constant standing; frequently handling various parts for assembly; frequent walking, reaching at waist level, pushing/pulling, grasping/squeezing, pinching, fine motor dexterity, and neck flexion; occasionally sitting, reaching overhead, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at knee and floor level, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, ladder/stair climbs, pivoting, twisting, and neck extension/rotation. Handling and lifting of parts and/or equipment (minimum of 42 lbs. lifting/carrying and 33 lbf. pushing/pulling is required).
Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
What you need to Succeed
High school diploma or equivalent experience
Prior manufacturing production or warehouse experience preferred
Prior experience assembling mechanical components
Knowledge of safe shop operation practices
Ability to identify maintenance issues with machinery or equipment
Certified Production Technician (CPT) certification preferred
A production worker at GE Appliances, a Haier company is a member of the IUE-CWA Local 83761 when hired. New employees are hired into the park pool as a competitive wage (CW) employee with a starting wage of $14 per hour. CW employees can bid on new jobs and progress from $14 an hour to higher-level positions earning up to $17.54 an hour. Employees are eligible to enroll in GEA medical, dental and vision benefits on the first day or employment.
Interested candidates must apply online. Applications are not available onsite at GE Appliances, a Haier company and will not be accepted at in person at Appliance Park. If you have not received a previous offer of employment from GE Appliances, a Haier company, you will need to reapply. Drug and medical screen, background check, and work authorization required. All new employees are subject to a 6-month probationary period.
GE Appliances is always reviewing its jobs to find ways to make them less physically demanding and/or to identify additional physical demands that should be evaluated to ensure applicants have the necessary abilities to perform essential job functions safely and successfully. From time to time, GE Appliances implements new physical demands during the period after applicants began the hiring process but before a hiring decision is made. In these instances, GE Appliances will apply the new, updated physical demands when it makes the hiring decision. If necessary, GE Appliances will require applicants to be retested to make an informed decision about their abilities to be employed in the position sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat of harm.
GE Appliances, a Haier company offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE Appliances, a Haier company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.