Brown-Forman Roundsperson (Temporary) in Louisville, Kentucky
This is a part-time temporary position. The hours will vary from week to week. The position will support the
Bourbon Street Cafe (Brown-Forman Corporate headquarters hospitality location) which serves Brown-Forman
executives, employees, and their guests.
• Cold and hot food preparation, including portioning, chopping, and storing food
• Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
• Prepare cold foods, including desserts
• Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers
• Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food
• Set-up and break down work station
• Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment
• Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food
Ability to perform these duties in each of the kitchen food stations:
• Prep/Food Runner, Chef de Partie, Chef Garde Manger and Dishwasher, as needed
• Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
• Knowledge of best cooking practices
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
• Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to supervisor
• Complete safety training and sanitation certifications
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
• Speak with others using clear and professional language
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by
• Ability to work flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
Active driver’s license
1 to 2 years kitchen experience in stand alone restaurant
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
1 to 2 years kitchen experience in catering or equivalent establishment
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Corporate Services
Country: United States
Req Type: Non-exempt