Progress Rail Services Corp. Saw Operator in Louisville, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 2895BR
Posting Title: Saw Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Operation of a forklift;
• Using a tape measure and reading blueprints consistently;
• Maintain quality and production standards;
• Maintain a clean and safe work area;
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs;
• Must be able to operate basic power tools;
• Safe work ethic;
• Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Education / Training
• High School diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be able to read a measuring tape;
• Good attention to detail;
• Able to read basic blueprints/drawings for assembly;
• Good attendance is a must;
• Able to work overtime when necessary;
• Must be able to work in various climates;
• Manufacturing experience a plus.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities