GE Appliances, a Haier company Senior Manager, Engineering Labs in Louisville, Kentucky
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Manager, Engineering Labs
The Lab Manager is responsible for managing lab operations and personnel. The labs execute all Engineering Test Procedures(ETPs) & report timely results to the product lines and Office of Chief Engineers(OCE) representatives. The labs also assist Technology in empirical testing changes and development of new products. Additionally, the labs must maintain regulatory certification and accreditation.
What you will Do
• Manages Lab operation: instrumentation, equipment, test supplies and resources.
• Manages Lab employees: Coaches, mentors and develops Lab Staff, including performance feedback and hiring of new personnel. Employees are a mixture of GEA exempt, non-exempt, hourly and contractors.
• Acts as a liaison with Engineering groups and cross functional teams, understanding testing needs and ensuring timely test completion.
• Share best practices with other global labs.
• Strives for improved test capabilities, accuracy, test output, and timeliness of results
• Coordinate with other lab managers to optimize resources and share best practices. Resources include people, funding and equipment.
• Assuring that the labs comply with all Environmental, Health and Safety(EHS) requirements.
• Leads lab projects which includes new labs or labs upgrades. This requires scoping, estimating funding needs, and overseeing execution.
• Leads implementation of policies set forth in ISO 17025 quality Manual.
• Work cross-functionally with HR, IT and Finance.
What you need to Succeed
• Ability to successfully manage employees and relationships with customers.
• High degree of analytical skill.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with various levels.
• Proven Engineering experience to interpret regulatory standards, ETPs and development requests.
• Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize competing requests.
• Seamless integration with the product line.
• Support product line while optimizing resource requirements for all GE Appliance labs.
• Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Advanced Engineering Degree
• Six Sigma / Lean certification
• Reliability Practitioner
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.